USBG’s Most Imaginative Bartender Contest Terms and Conditions of Entry
No purchase is necessary to participate in the Contest.
- Sponsor: The Contest is offered by United States Bartenders’ Guild (“USBG”), 2654 West Horizon Ridge Parkway, Suite B5 PMB 252 Henderson, NV 89052.
- Eligibility: The Contest is open only to individuals who (a) are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (except residents of Utah), (b) are at least twenty-five (25) years old as of the date of entry, (c) work in a bar at least 30 hours per week at the time of entry, and (d) have a passport valid through February 2019. Individuals who are full- or part-time employees of USBG, Bacardi U.S.A., Inc. (“Bacardi”), GQ Magazine, or New Team LLC d/b/a Team Enterprises at the time of entry, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
- Agreement to Terms and Conditions: By participating in this Contest, you indicate your unconditional agreement to these Terms and Conditions, the Program Requirements, and USBG’s decisions, which are final and binding. You cannot win a prize unless you comply with all requirements set forth herein. USBG reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions or the Program Requirements at any time, without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on www.mostimaginativebartender.com. Moreover, by participating, you represent that you are complying with any policies your employer may have regarding participation in contests of this nature.
- Background Check: Sponsor reserves the right (at any point and in its sole discretion) to disqualify any individual if, based on the results of the background check, Sponsor concludes that the individual will not be a good representative for the BOMBAY SAPPHIRE® brand.
- Rights to Entries: By entering, you irrevocably: (a) grant USBG, Bacardi, Conde Nast, GQ Magazine, and each of their agents, licensees, and assigns (collectively, the “Rights Holders”) the unconditional (non-exclusive) right and permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your Entry as-is or as-edited in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party for five (5) years from the date you submitted the Entry; (b) waive any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude the Rights Holders’ use of your Entry, as outlined above, or require any further permission for the Rights Holders to use the Entry; and (c) agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Rights Holders on the grounds that any use of the Entry, or any derivative works, infringes any of your rights as creator of the Entry, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, you agree that the Rights Holders and any media attending events related to the Contest may use your name, likeness, voice, opinions, photographs, audio-visual footage, recipe, biographical information, state of residence, and/or any other record of your participation in the Contest for promotional purposes in any press releases, advertisements, television, radio, film, documentary, internet, or in any other publication or media without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way, USBG may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest; or (b) award the prizes according to the criteria set forth above from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. USBG reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Contest, violates these Terms and Conditions or the USBG Code of Code posted below; or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. USBG’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to USBG by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by USBG. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Utah and where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless USBG, Bacardi, Conde Nast, GQ Magazine, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree to indemnify, release, and hold the Released Parties harmless from any claims that their use of your Entry (as contemplated in these Rules) violates or infringes upon the rights of any third party. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Nevada. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of USBG in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Nevada, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Nevada or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Nevada.
Understand, support, and promote the Vision and Mission of the United States Bartenders’ Guild.
Whenever reasonably possible, participate in the functions and activities of my local chapter.
Conduct myself with honesty, integrity and fairness.
Refrain from publicly disparaging the business practices of fellow members and refrain from condoning or engaging in misrepresentation or unethical practices.
Strive to comply with all applicable laws and regulations concerning my trade, including local, state, and federal statutes that promote public health and safety.
Not engage in sexual harassment, disrespectful or abusive behavior in connection with professional duties.
Conduct business and make employment decisions in a fair and ethical manner, respecting the dignity and rights of clients, customers, vendors, associates, and peers regardless of race, creed, religion, gender, height/weight, physical disability, or sexual orientation. Not harm others by knowingly making false statements about a colleague or professional peer.
Show professional respect for all who work with or in supervision of myself. Strive to provide objective evaluations of performance for employees and coworkers, apprentices, students, professional association members, and/or peers and to avoid bias in any kind of professional evaluation of others.
Be alert to situations that might cause a conflict of interest or have the appearance of a conflict and provide full disclosure when a real or potential conflict of interest arises.
Not knowingly misappropriate, divert or use monies, personnel, property, or equipment belonging to others for personal gain or advantage.
Respect the reputation, profile and status of the United States Bartenders’ Guild, and represent the Guild accordingly.
Conduct business and professional activities in a reputable manner so as to reflect honorably upon the Guild.
Collaborate with others to create a work environment that minimizes risk to the personal health and safety of our colleagues.
Not engage in substance abuse that could adversely affect my job performance or endanger co-workers.
Support the efforts of other bartenders to learn new and innovative techniques and improve my knowledge and skills.
Accurately represent my professional training and qualifications and not knowingly permit, aid, abet or suffer the misstatement of my training and qualifications by others.